Hi! I’m Ken
I’m an author/illustrator based in Las Vegas, Nevada.
As a child, I made comics and books from scraps of used copy paper. Then, I stopped drawing for the longest time when my entire family moved to the USA.
I finally got back to my creative roots and have been having loads of fun making books and comics for all-ages.
My debut picture book “A Box Story” has won the Moonbeam Children’s Book Awards, Literary Classics, Pinnacle Awards and the National Indie Excellence Book Awards. In 2014, I launched a Kickstarter campaign which funded the all-ages graphic adventure book, “The Tall Tales of Talbot Toluca.” My most recent books include the macabre children’s fairytale, “The Stumps of Flattop Hill” (One Peace Books) and the parenting parody book, “HURTS LIKE A MOTHER” (Doubleday).
I am also a husband, and father of three rabble rousing boys.
Book Awards & Recognitions:
- 2018 Las Vegas Library Card design Winner
- 2016 SCBWI National Postcard Contest Winner
- 2016 Children’s Book Academy Golden Ticket Winner
- 2016 Literary Classics (The Stumps of Flattop Hill)
- 2014 Moonbeam Children’s Awards Graphic Novel (Talbot Toluca Quest For The Ore Crystals)
- 2014 National Indie Excellence Awards (Talbot Toluca Quest For The Ore Crystals)
- 2012 Moonbeam Children’s Book Awards (A Box Story)
- 2012 Literary Classics Seal of Approval (A Box Story)
- 2012 Nation Indie Excellence Awards Finalist (A Box Story)
- 2012 Pinnacle Awards (A Box Story)
- San Francisco Book Reviews
- Foreword Reviews
- Las Vegas Review Journal
- Various Comic & Graphic Novel Related Web Sites