Bree Ogden of D4EO Literary Agency
Ken Lamug – I’m an artist based in Las Vegas, NV. I am also human. I eat, drink, laugh and from time to time I try to get some work done. I also have another site for my photographs at www.kenlamug.com
Some things about me:
- I write stories. This includes screenplays, poems, and yes, even random gibberish facebook status posts that no one will ever reply to.
- I make movies. Well, not big blockbuster movies but I’ve written, directed & produced 2 feature length indie movies and several shorts. How I miss those days, shooting til 3am and going to a day job at 7am. As with most projects, it is not done by one person. So my hat off to an enduring cast, crew and friends.
- I take pictures. Most of my photography is what’s called “street photography.” It’s all about capturing a seemly random moment in time that would normally pass us by, but due to super powers that street photographers possess we can (in a split second) capture this moment and share it with the world. I shoot both film and digital.
- I draw pictures. Normally I would be out on any off-day and take pictures out in the urban jungle, but due to fatherhood I have been spending more of my time drawing…indoors… (cough) my first calling. I’m enjoying this and just like photography, the instant gratification and satisfaction of a finished image is there. Making movies, although a very rewarding process, can take months. Check out the portfolio page for some goodness.
- I used to race. In another lifetime, I had a AE86 Toyota Corolla (see Initial D reference) that I modified & drifted on and off the track for several years. Me and my drifting buddies would go to So. Cal 2-3 times per month. We would leave late Friday, sleep for 3-4 hours at the track, drift all day and drive back to Vegas. Have you ever seen sparks from a cars’ under carriage as it goes off-roading because the driver fell asleep?
- I’m a designer. By day, I design, program & build web sites. I scream, I cry, I laugh and I ponder… then I go to amazon.com and buy something.
- I dig MMA. Yes, ground and pound all day long. (see t-shirt reference animated GIF above). I also like my homeboy Manny Pacquiao.
- I apparently collect books. I love books. I used to have tons of hardy boys, nancy drew and choose your own adventure series … I recall my parents having a 10 inch thick Webster dictionary, books from Britannica encyclopedia, Edgar Cayce, Readers Digest to Isaac Asimov. Since I don’t have a lot of time to spend on reading I end up collecting books with pictures.
Now, I collect random children’s picture books and photography books. Normally you would keep them as part of your coffee table collection. But in my case, I put my coffee table on top of my books.
- I’m a dad & husband. At the end of the day, I go home to a family and a wife that’s been more than supportive in all my endeavors. My friends are all there and I thank everyone for all the support and pushing me daily (sometimes to the edge ;–) ).