Writing for Children
Here are some useful resources for writing for children and making picture books.
- Storyteller Academy Online Picture Book Workshop
- KidLit College Online Workshops
- Children’s Book Academy Online Workshops
- 12×12 Picture Book Writing Challenge
- 80+ Essential Tips for Children’s Book Writers & Illustrators
- Society of Children’s Book Writers & Illustrators
- Children’s Book Academy
- Best Picture Book Podcast of 2015
- Sub It Club – Children’s Books Contests Submissions, Queries etc…
- Picturing Booking
- Tara Lazar – List of 350+ Fun, Interesting and Cool Words Kids Like
- Tara Lazar – 79 Things Kids Don’t Like
- Tara Lazar – Picture Book Idea Month
- Writing & Illustrating A Picture Book For Simon & Schuster
- Teaching Picture Book Plot Structures
- Picture Book Structure from Tara Lazar
- Teaching Plot Structure from Children’s Book Academy
- Josh Funk’s Guide to Making Children’s Picture Book
- Why 32 Pages?
- Favorite Picture Book Revision Tips from Many Writers
- Revising Tips: Writing Mechanics
- 11 Writing Tips From Children’s Books
- Top writing tips for new children’s authors from top editors
Looking for more?
See some of my recommended books on my Amazon store. Anything you buy through this link, Amazon will send me an affiliate commission without any extra charge to you. It’ll help run the site among other things.